Are you looking for gift ideas for the RVer in your life this holiday season?? Check out the list of 30+ gifts we’ve compiled.
As full-time RVers, we have to be conscious of collecting things or too much stuff we don’t need. This can make it difficult for family or friends who are wanting to gift something to their RV friends or family.
In the past, we’ve been bad about saying oh just a gift card is fine. (Gift cards are always appreciated for restaurants, camping stores, grocery stores, gas stations and more) Some people actually want to give you something and feel like they are contributing to your life and hobbies in some way. Asking questions vs. just asking what they want for a gift will help get them thinking about what they actually could use.
The list below is intended to help spark some ideas about what you can gift or add to your wish list! We are part of the Amazon Associates program so purchases made through clicking the links below (even if you buy something other than what’s linked) helps us earn a small commission ☺️
RVing expenses can add up quickly especially over the course of a whole year. Memberships help save RVers money or even get “free” nights at certain locations.
- Good Sam
- Good Sam members enjoy a variety of benefits some of which include: saving 10% at Good Sam parks and campgrounds, saving 10% at Camping World and Gander RV & Outdoors, fuel savings and more.
- Memberships are $29/year or $50/2 years
- Passport America
- Similar to Good Sam, Passport America is another discount membership. With your membership you receive 50% off the regular nightly rate at participating campgrounds across the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. You also recieve a camping directory as well as a free online subscription to the RV America Magazine.
- Memberships are $44/year or $79/2 years
- Harvest Hosts
- Harvest Hosts offers free overnight stays (usually no hookups) in unique locations such as farms, breweries, wineries, and other attractions.
- Memberships are $79/year
There are so many different camping memberships out there! These are just a few of the more popular ones.
National Park / State Park Passes
- The America the Beautiful National Park Pass covers entrance to more than 2,000 federal recreation sites covering entrance fee, standard amenity fees, and day use fees for a driver and all passengers (or up to 4 adults at sites that charge per person). Passes are $80/year.
- State Park Passes are also a great option for weekend campers or RVers that spend a decent amount of time in a particular state. Pass costs will vary by state.
It’s no secret that RVers love the great outdoors! RVers are often in search or in need of new outdoor gear with how much it gets used. Here are just a few ideas of the many outdoor items that RVers might find useful.
- Portable Fire Pit– Not all campgrounds have a fire pit at the campsite so having a portable option is nice. Many of the portable ones use propane and are low smoke which can be a good thing (especially if you hate that icky smoke smell sticking to your clothes and hair). Another popular option is the Solo Stove smokeless portable fire pit.
- Cooler– Small to medium sized coolers are perfect for day trips or travel days. Pack it up and take it in the car on all your adventures. We recently got the Arctic Zone Titan Guide Backpack Cooler and love taking it with us on hikes!
Use code: OUTDOORISH for 12% off your Arctic Zone purchase!
- Grill/Griddle– Cooking outdoors can be fun and is something many people enjoy! The Blackstone Griddle is a popular option among RVers. Some people prefer smaller portable grills too. If the person you’re buying for already has a griddle/grill you could get some accessories or seasoning/rubs instead.
Inside the RV
Space inside the RV is usually limited so space saving items are usually a big hit!
- Small Kitchen Appliances– For us, coffee is a must! There are space saving options such as the Keurig K-Mini, French Press, AeroPress, or Pour Over coffee maker. Another appliance I use multiple times a week is the Instant Pot Pressure cooker. The pressure cooker replaces 2 crockpots and a rice cooker. So instead of having 3 different machines I just have one now. A small crockpot can come in handy for social gatherings or making dips. We love making queso in ours! We also really enjoy having our Nutri Ninja with us. It doesn’t take up much space and even has suction cups that stick to the counter top. Another favorite of ours is the Dash Mini Waffle Maker. It makes only one waffle at a time but it’s small and easily fits in a drawer (plus you can make more than just waffles on it).
- Travel Mug/ Tumbler– The ability to bring coffee or water with you in the truck on travel days or while you’re out adventuring is a game changer! We each have a Yeti and multiple sizes of our Yukon tumblers. If you plan to gift one of these items consider getting a pack of reusable straws too (could be a good stocking stuffer)!
- KOUSa Cushions– These pillow cushions are awesome! It’s a pillow with a secret blanket tucked inside. The blanket can also become a robe with a couple snaps. The pillow part can even become a foot warmer or be flipped around to make the blanket longer. They have a bunch of cute styles to choose from too! (I think this might just be on my wish list this year 😍) My friend Janae highlights how to use it over on her blog.
With as much traveling and exploring as RVers do, fun ways to document and remember travels is a must!
- Travel Journal/Scrap Book– A travel journal is a great way to jot down places you’ve been, what you did, and people you met. You could even take it a step further and add photos. There are even places online where you can create a photo book.
- Camera/Camera Gear– Take a picture, it’ll last longer! While cameras can be pretty expensive, if there person you’re buying for is in the market for a new camera they may appreciate cash or a gift card to put towards the purchase of a new camera. You could also get them extra sd cards or extra batteries!
We hope this helps you find the perfect gift for your RV friends and family! Happy Holidays! 💕